Monday, April 30, 2012

The Potato Cooker!

 

Potato,
  Potato,

I LOVE Potatoes!

But, I hate how long they take to bake.
Ugh!
So, I usually end up skipping potatoes, and
going with another veggie, just because I don't want to take the time!
But. . .
a few years back my Mother, aunts, and I were
at the Designer Show House.
And after we enjoyed the beautiful house, and dreamt about all
the things that we wished we could have, but don't. . .we then 
got to browse through homemade crafts, and goodies in the
Designer Show House garage.

Suddenly,
I saw it!
The Potato Cooker!
After a slight analyzation my Mother, and I realized
we needed to contribute to this young women's hobby and pay the 
meager price of $10, and then it was home we went to make our own.
I made a few, and gave them away for Christmas, about 3 years ago.

Anyways, as you saw in my previous post, my friend got married this past weekend.
And when trying to decide what to get someone that has a house already
supplied with the major necessities, I remembered the potato cooker.

To view Emily's Wedding Click Here > Mr. and Mrs. Guffey

The Potato Cooker


These are the two fabrics that I decided to use!
Emily's colors for the wedding were pink, and yellow, and 
so this fabric seemed to suit her perfectly.

Obviously this photo is just for show.
The potato is suppose to be all the way in the pocket.
The potatoes cook in roughly 8-10 minutes, which is remarkably 
faster than in the oven, or in the microwave.
And it's in a cute little pocket when cooking.
Who can resist?

The potato cooker holds 2 potatoes, and you can cook them at the same time.


If you are interested in a potato cooker contact me at 
betsy.brogren@washburn.edu, 
or comment on this post, and leave your email!

They are on sale for $10.

I can make them in a variety of other colors, and patterns.

Sunflower Progress:
Three weeks ago I planted sunflowers in my back yard, 
and I promised to keep everyone posted on their progress.

Click here to view the original post > Sunflowers


 Week two!


Week Three!
And now there is mulch, Yay!
But sadly, with all the rain we had this week, 2 of my sunflowers
were demolished. The rain just kept pouring, and pouring, and 2 of them just couldn't make it, 
but I still have plenty for this summer.

Happy Monday!

Oh, and check out Danna's (my sister-in-law) blog!
She is doing a giveaway this week. She is giving away
Sesame Street Live Tickets > Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...