Thursday, April 19, 2012

Prayers For Ashley!

   
     Above is a photo of Ashley. Ashley has been in and out of hospitals all of her life. Sadly she isn't getting a break. She went back to the emergency room earlier this week, which is starting to become a regular thing for her. She had surgery yesterday, and has surgery again tomorrow (Friday). My mom, who is a home-health nurse, has been watching over Ashley since she was 8 months old. Our family holds Ashley very close to our heart. And Ashley who has the biggest heart in the world, and the greatest outlook on life needs prayers more than anything.

     So my mom, being very creative decided that Ashley needed an awesome hospital gown to help cheer her up. This is all my mom's idea, and I can take no credit for her creativity.

Hospital Gown
     The pattern that my mother used to make this gown can be found at Lazy Girl Designs
And it's free!
Just print it right off your computer and tape together. 
Simple! 


 They have adult, and child patterns available!


 These are the two fun patterns that my mom chose to use for Ashley.
Ashley of course is a huge KU fan. Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!


The gown only took my mom about 2 hours to make.


She used 2 1/4 yards of fabric.


 Along the collar she surged the edge. 
And if you don't have a surger you can do just a normal hem.


 This adorable ruffle is what she added along the bottom, 
and on the sleeves. 
Ashley is even fancy in the hospital.


 My mom used snap buttons to close the back together. The pattern suggest ties, but of course that may be a little uncomfortable when laying down on a already uncomfortable hospital bed.

   
The finished product! 

Thank You for your Prayers!

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely be praying for Ashley, it breaks my heart to think of her being so sick! I love the gowns that your mom made for her, what a thoughtful, beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...