Friday, July 20, 2012

TikaTok

Okay so I have a confession, Peter just received his father's day gift just this last week.
We had some ordering/shipping issues.
Not going to go into it, but his gift is here now, and it is perfect.
I could not be more satisfied with it.
Cameron, Joshua Michael (a friend, and artist), and I all collaborated and made a children's book for my  beloved hubs.
I can take little credit for this huge task that we engaged ourselves in.
Josh came up with the neat idea of creating a storybook about Peter's day at work.
So that Cameron could read about Daddy when he is home, and when he's not home.
Josh was the artist and he did an impressive job.
I would suggest him to anyone.
And I wrote the short little story.

TikaTok was the company we used to get our book published.
For just a small fee they will publish your book.
It comes in hardback, and paperback, and looks just like an actual book that you would buy 
at Barnes and Noble.
It would be really neat to publish your kids books for them.

We named it "Big Peter's Espresso Truck".
My husband is an espresso technician, and Cameron rarely gets to see 
what Daddy does day to day.



Below are just a few of my favorite illustrations.




Look it's me on the back cover of a book.
Ahhh, how exciting!
If only it was for real.


This page was shared with Its a Blog Party!

3 comments:

  1. I love homemade gifts! Thanks Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant and clever gift!!! I'm going to keep this in mind for future gift ideas for my nieces. :) Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids love to see their artwork come to life. So this would be a great gift for your nieces.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...