Thursday, September 26, 2013

Indian Candy Corn Cake

The Fall Festival is here.
Tomorrow night we will be tossing rings over milk bottles,
fishing for toys,
digging for prizes,
and strolling the cake walk.
The cake walk is always the most popular game.
And that's no surprise. Who wouldn't want to win an entire cake for .50 cents?
Since Halloween is quickly coming around the corner, and candy corn is secretly being consumed while little ones are asleep, I thought a Fall themed cake would be perfect. 


I'm going to have to admit,
I couldn't find my food coloring (these kind's of things happen often),
and so I had to borrow yellow and red from my neighbor to create orange.
Well, sadly I couldn't really get the right color, 
but really I'm certain the 2-5 year olds aren't going to mind.


I want to try and tweet this cake later.
Work with making it bigger, and more vibrant, and just all around more awesome.
And hope and pray that one of the layers doesn't decide to crumble on me when assembling.
So, I know it's not perfect, but still fun, and festive for the Halloween season.


Ingredients:
2 boxes of White cake mix
1 box of Chocolate cake mix
orange food coloring
your frosting of choice

This really was a very easy cake to make.
I used chocolate for the bottom layer, 
and sliced the sides off so that the colors would be more visible when viewed.

I'm hoping to try this again soon before Halloween.
If I do I will most definitely share and let you know how it goes.

Happy Baking,
and thanks for stopping by
Through Betsy's Looking Glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...